Schroth-therapy for 11 year old??

Here you can ask and talk (in English or German) about scoliosis treatment in Germany.
frankwf

Beitrag von frankwf »

Sorry, I just saw that I made a mistake!
It was late in the night, and I mixed names:

It is Dr. Hoffmann in Stuttgart and not Dr. Steffan![/b]

Frank
tennis lilli

Beitrag von tennis lilli »

Hey BZebra,
I have one more question since you always give me answers like a doctor.
How high is the possibility to get into a schroth clinic for the summer and do a cure? How long does the cure take? What are the costs?
About the brace, my head is always pulling me more over to Rahmouni because I always see his name mentioned. What would be better to do for me go to Stuttgart or to Berlin? Is there a difference? Because if I get a brace I want a really good one.
Thanks alot
Lilli
BZebra
Profi
Profi

Beitrag von BZebra »

tennis lilli hat geschrieben:How high is the possibility to get into a schroth clinic for the summer and do a cure? How long does the cure take? What are the costs?
Summer? Well, I would estimate it still being possible to get a reservation for the summer holidays now, but you would have to arrange that pretty soon, since the majority of patients there still go to school and everybody wants to go there during holidays rather than during the term.
About the brace, my head is always pulling me more over to Rahmouni because I always see his name mentioned. What would be better to do for me go to Stuttgart or to Berlin? Is there a difference? Because if I get a brace I want a really good one.
If you look inside the braces, there does not seem to be much difference, they pretty much seem to be doing the same.

The way of treatment differs and the "Berlin braces" tend to be smaller.
One main difference is also the procedure of brace adjustment. Nahr does that slowly, meaning that one has to come more often, Rahmouni is pretty quick in that regard and kind of gives you a "reservoire", meaning that it will take you longer to get adapted to a higher correction in one step. Rahmouni thus also requires more independency and responsibility from his patients.
In short, Rahmouni does it in two larger steps and leaves the "how" mainly to the patients themselfes, Nahr does it in more numerous smaller steps adapted to the patients progress and motivation as he sees it.

However, if you cannot come as often as patients living in Germany, I see no reason why Nahr wouldn't be able to procede quicker as well. In fact, he does so if there are no motivation issues to consider, for example with adult patients.

The reason that Rahmouni is recommended more often than Nahr is that we do know Rahmouni and his work procedures much better than Nahr's.
We do for example have a long list of Rahmouni's correction results here http://skoliose-info-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=957; all of them reported by users of our forum (we list everybody there who posts his or her results somewhere here in the forum).
We do not have such an extensive list for Nahr, in fact we don't have one at all yet, but so far there has been no negative report of one of our users about insufficient corrective results, even though we do list him on our Links & Addresses page for quite some time now and thus there should be a considerable number of patients coming from us who are likely to report back to us should something go astray.

40 degrees is not too bad. Were we talking about 60 degrees I personally would tend to Rahmouni due to his larger experience (he is older and longer in business), but as it is, I would probably choose Nahr.

Another thing, do you have a German health insurance that will pay for the brace and the stationary rehabilitation program?
gauklerdavid
Vielschreiber
Vielschreiber

Beitrag von gauklerdavid »

Hey Lilli,

Here are some pictures of braces from Rahmouni(Stuttgart) and from Nahr(Berlin).

As BZebra said both types of brace achieve excellent results.They look different from the outside, but the they both use the same basic correction mechanisms. The braces from Nahr are somewhat smaller and, if possible, have more "nonplastic" space. This could be an advantage since you life in a warmer region.

Both can be hidden quite good under normal clothes.

Have I understood correctly that your most actual X Ray was taken one year ago?
In this case I would advice to have a new X ray done before you start with brace therapy, because your scoliosis might have progressed. This can also be done in Germany, the bracemakers can advice you were to go. Of course you can also let this X ray make in your home country, if there is a possibility to make x rays from the whole spine (not from parts and then put together), in standing position.

David
Dateianhänge
Rahmouni Braces
Rahmouni Braces
Rahmouni Korsette.JPG (20 KiB) 22460 mal betrachtet
Nahr braces
Nahr braces
nahr KOrsette 2.JPG (17.17 KiB) 22460 mal betrachtet
Nahr braces
Nahr braces
nahr KOrsette 1.JPG (17.64 KiB) 22460 mal betrachtet
Zuletzt geändert von gauklerdavid am Do, 01.02.2007 - 06:40, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
BZebra
Profi
Profi

Beitrag von BZebra »

gauklerdavid hat geschrieben:Have I understood correctly that your most actual X Ray was taken one year ago?
tennis lilli hat geschrieben:Then in December 2006 I had a next x-ray done and the scoliosis increased to 31° in the upper curve and 40° in the lower curve.
gauklerdavid
Vielschreiber
Vielschreiber

Beitrag von gauklerdavid »

Oh sorry . I thought i had read january 2006....
DerMensch
treues Mitglied
treues Mitglied

Beitrag von DerMensch »

Just wanted to briefly answer your question about the prices:
In the Katharina-Schroth-Clinic in the tiny town Bad Sobernheim, which is one of the two rehabilitation centres, it costs 125€ per day. A cure takes 4-6 weeks. But it would be very helpful for you!

So the total amount would be 3500-5750€ depending on the time you spend there, which is 11842,25 to 19455,13 EC$. But Anguilla is an over-sea territory of Great Britain, so maybe it would be possible somehow for you to get financial support from your parents' insurance? :/
tennis lilli

Hey BZebra,
No I do not have any insurance at the time and neither does my mother whom I live with in Anguilla. My father lives in Germany therefore I do not know if his insurance would cover it.Probably not. I think we are going to go to either Stuttgart or Berlin in late February. If I have any more questions I will get in touch with you guys.
Thank You again for all the help you guys have given me especially BZebra. I wouldn't have found out so much about the bracing without you.
Greetings from SUNNY ANGUILLA
Lilli :cool:
BZebra
Profi
Profi

Beitrag von BZebra »

tennis lilli hat geschrieben:Hey BZebra,
No I do not have any insurance at the time and neither does my mother whom I live with in Anguilla. My father lives in Germany therefore I do not know if his insurance would cover it. Probably not.
Maybe it would. Within most German health insurances children up to the age of 18 are co-insured with one of their parents, provided that the parent register them there.

You see, as children we do not get any written confirmation that we attend a school in Germany or even live here, or at least nothing of that sort we have to hand in in order to stay insured as long as we are underage.

So I guess it's worth a try. We are gonna ask our user sabi (works for an heath insurance), if this is possible.
DerMensch
treues Mitglied
treues Mitglied

Beitrag von DerMensch »

BZebra hat geschrieben: You see, as children we do not get any written confirmation that we attend a school in Germany or even live here, or at least nothing of that sort we have to hand in in order to stay insured as long as we are underage.
You mustn't forget that we and our parents are Germans; if we were not, we would probably hand in a registration card before applying for an insurance - I'm not sure about this.

So that's why I would like to ask you, Lilli, whether your father is German or just lives here?
Because if he is a German, you will likely have much fewer problems! ;)
BZebra
Profi
Profi

Beitrag von BZebra »

Well, in most cases there is a clause that states that the child "usually has to live in Germany". However, if someone moves to Germany, he or she needs an insurance immediately. The state doesn't want children to be without insurance! So there cannot possibly be a waiting period, that someone has to have lived in Gerany for a certrain period of time before being able to get insured. :gruebel:
DerMensch
treues Mitglied
treues Mitglied

Beitrag von DerMensch »

That's true, indeed, but her stay would be counted as vacation, so if e.g. a Dutch comes here to buy some stuff in a German supermarket and is hurt in an accident, the Dutch insurance will pay, not the German state! And if the Dutch is not insured, he will have to pay the stay in the hospital on his own, or do I see this in a wrong way? :nixweiss:
tennis lilli

My father is german and lives in Hamburg. I am a registered german citizen. But as far as I know, my father is privately insured. Does that make a difference? And which insurance would take me now after I've been diagnosed with a scolioses? It's a very difficult situation......
DerMensch
treues Mitglied
treues Mitglied

Beitrag von DerMensch »

Oh, no, Lilli, you don't need to worry at all!
Being a registerered German citizen, you will have no or very few problems. You have to get an insurance, no matter what has been diagnosed, because this is a basic right.

The difference concerning the two types of insurances is that in a compulsory one all family members (who have no income) are insured for free, but in the private one a seperate share for every family member is necessary. Nevertheless this is easy, if your father hasn't done so yet, he will have to register you at his insurance company. I am not so sure about this procedure, but you should call your father and talk to him about it, it's important that everything is in order before you come. He has to go to an insurance office and do all the formalities so everything will be fine for you. :)

Afterwards the insurance is obliged to pay both the brace and a cure for you. ;)
tennis lilli

Hello to all,
Thank you again for all your help. I will get in touch with you guys if I have any more relevant questions.
Thanks Lilli
P.S. I attached a picture of Anguilla where I live.
tennis lilli

That is my house in the picture.
Lilli
DerMensch
treues Mitglied
treues Mitglied

Beitrag von DerMensch »

Wow, Lilli, it is really beautiful!!!
I'm getting a bit jealous because the wheather over here is crappy... And you live where we spend our holidays - wonderful, being able to go to the beach every day! :D

Enjoy it because in Germany there won't be such good wheather! :)

By the way, have you phoned your father yet? ;)
Dalia
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Diagnose: 107° und 98° (im Jahr 2003 zu Beginn der Korsetttherapie: 98° und 93°), sehr starre Skoliose, kaum Beschwerden
Therapie: 1983-1994 Korsetts verschiedener OTs, zuletzt bei Rahmouni, dann Korsettabschulung im Jahr 1994, seit 05/2005 bis etwa 2018 Nachtkorsett von Rahmouni, Therapieziel: Halten der Skoliose, seit 2018 keine Therapie mehr

Beitrag von Dalia »

DerMensch hat geschrieben:I'm getting a bit jealous because the wheather over here is crappy...
Oh, so I am. :ja:

But I like snow, too.
Ich kann dem Leben nicht mehr Tage geben, aber dem Tag mehr Leben. (Bertolt Brecht)
meine Geschichte: Dalia wird Königin (Korsett für eine Oldie-Power-Skoliose)
tennis lilli

Hi DerMensch,
I have not called my father yet because he is working on a cruise ship and he is unreachable.
I will let you know when I get in touch with him.
Greetings Lilli
tennis lilli

Hello BZebra,
Is Dr.Klaus Nahr's username for this forum knahr. I think we have made a decision to go to Dr. Nahr since we know some people in Berlin.
Thanks lilli
Antworten