Schroth-therapy for 11 year old??

Here you can ask and talk (in English or German) about scoliosis treatment in Germany.
Dalia
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Diagnose: 107° und 98° (im Jahr 2003 zu Beginn der Korsetttherapie: 98° und 93°), sehr starre Skoliose, kaum Beschwerden
Therapie: 1983-1994 Korsetts verschiedener OTs, zuletzt bei Rahmouni, dann Korsettabschulung im Jahr 1994, seit 05/2005 bis etwa 2018 Nachtkorsett von Rahmouni, Therapieziel: Halten der Skoliose, seit 2018 keine Therapie mehr

Beitrag von Dalia »

tennis lilli hat geschrieben:Is Dr.Klaus Nahr's username for this forum knahr.
Yes, it is.
I think we have made a decision to go to Dr. Nahr since we know some people in Berlin.
This would be great. :zustimm:
Ich kann dem Leben nicht mehr Tage geben, aber dem Tag mehr Leben. (Bertolt Brecht)
meine Geschichte: Dalia wird Königin (Korsett für eine Oldie-Power-Skoliose)
tennis lilli

Beitrag von tennis lilli »

Question.........
About how much will getting a brace and corrections to the brace cost?
Thanks Lilli
BZebra
Profi
Profi

Beitrag von BZebra »

Brace about 2500 EUR, each Korrektion I guess about 300 EUR (?).
Roughly every year a new brace.

I guess the best way would be that you "move" to Germany (register as a permanent resident here), get family insurance with your father and than you can move back to where you are living now.
tennis lilli

I am a permanent registered citizen of Germany.
Is any insurance going to take me in when I have a scoliosis already???? I guess you have to get a physical check up done before the insurance registers you.................... Die gesetzliche (my mom couldn't find the english word, sorry) insurance doesn't take me so I have to apply for a private insurance.
Greetings Lilli
BZebra
Profi
Profi

Beitrag von BZebra »

tennis lilli hat geschrieben:Is any insurance going to take me in when I have a scoliosis already????
Yes, provided that your father hasn't got a private health insurance but a public health insurance (in German the name for this is "Gesetzliche Krankenkasse", here is a list http://www.krankenkassentarife.de/basep ... assenliste).

The difference between the two is that the public health insurance is part of our social system and they HAVE to take everybody who is not or has not been insured privately. Their main purpose is not to make profit like the private ones, in fact they are not allowed to make any profit at all, but to insure a certain health standard in Germany. It's their main purpose to prevent further damage that might come out of an untreated illnesses and result into disability or death.

If your father has resigned from the public health insurance and is privately health insured, then you will need an extra insurance for yourself, which will also have to be private. They will take you in, even if you are diagnosed with scoliosis, but at a higher price, and as you say, you have to apply for one.
tennis lilli hat geschrieben:Die gesetzliche (my mom couldn't find the english word, sorry) insurance doesn't take me so I have to apply for a private insurance.
Do you know why?
There is one reason I could imagine, that you are not living most of the time of the year in Germany. Citizenship isn't enough, you have to be living here or at least pretending to. Your official domicile has to be in Germany at least at the moment when you get the insured.

Afterwards nobody really checks where you really are, so then it wouldn't really matter any more.

The "Gesetzliche" does not take you if you are not living in Germany, if your mother is insured and has a higher income (though I doubt any insurance out of Germany would count for that purpose) or if your father isn't insured in a public health insurance but a private one instead.

Germany is rather strict with people who pull out of the social system in order to save money with private insurances. Once you've done that, they don't let you back in that easyly, including the children which can be quite unfair.
Korsi
Vielschreiber
Vielschreiber
Diagnose: Skoliose, 3BHre (30° oben / 20° unten im Jahr 2006. 20° oben / 19° unten im Jahr 2014)
Starke Rückenschmerzen im Paketbereich
Therapie: normale KG, Korsett, KG nach Schroth, 4 Wochen Sobi, neues Korsett nach 6 Monaten unerkanntem Richtungswechsel, nochmal 3 Wochen Sobi, Abschulen im Juli 2009 (seitdem korsettfrei)
Beitrag von Korsi »

Hi
I'm German, but i can try it.
I was by Dr.Weiß(Katharina Schroth Klinik) and I asked for a Reha(Kur????)(on27.2.07) and now I know I can go on 26.8.07.
I'm 12.
Korsi :juggle:
Sobi 2007 & 2008 - Wir werden Sobi gemeinsam erneut unsicher machen ;)

----

Kummerkasten, Beratung, Korsettermutigung und wofür ich sonst noch gebraucht werde :)

Heya, BVB! ♥ Heya, BVB ♥
tennis lilli

Hi everybody,
Sorry for not writing in a long time but I had a lot to do with my brace. I got my brace from Rahmouni and it is going great. When I got my xray while standing up my scoliosis developed to 56°(greatest curve). I have it now for 4 weeks and am wearing it for 8hrs a day. Yesterday I did 10 hrs. It started out that I could only wear it for 30 mins and then it started to hurt but now I am wearing it without any pain(well of course there is pain but not as much). I only sleep with it for about 2 hrs-3 hrs. But actually it is most comfortable when I lie on my back. After one week of wearing the brace I had to do a x ray in the brace and the curve that was 56° is now 15° in the brace which is wonderful.
Well I am going back to Rahmouni next week so he can pull it tighter or correct it or something. I don't really know.
Anyways just wanted to let you guys know.
Thanks again for all the help.
Lilli
BZebra
Profi
Profi

Beitrag von BZebra »

Hi Lilly!

Congratulations! That went quick in the end. :)
But 56 degrees, it was high time you got your brace.

Your correction is really fantastic and with 10 hours wearing time per day you are also through the hardest time by now; it will get easier now. If you continue wearing your brace (soon) 20 to 23 hours a day, you will have pretty good chances to avoid surgery, actually very good chances to even come out of it with an improved curve.

So, we are actually quite keen to know what happened in the mean time.
How come you decided to go to Stuttgart to get your brace (not exactly near Hamburg) and did your parents have to pay for the brace privately? And how do you manage the long distance. Will you have to come to Germany every 3 or 4 months?
tennis lilli

Hi,
Well I went to Stuttgart because everybody was telling me that Rahmouni has the best braces including you. Yes we did pay for te brace privately. I will somehow have to manage the lon distance. I am going now for easter and then again in august.
I got into the Schroth clinic for 4 weeks. So I am pretty glad about that.
If anymore questions just write.
Lilli 8-)
BZebra
Profi
Profi

Beitrag von BZebra »

tennis lilli hat geschrieben:Well I went to Stuttgart because everybody was telling me that Rahmouni has the best braces including you.
Did I? I thought I pointed you to Berlin. But nonetheless, with 56 degrees Rahmouni is a good address and with a correction from 56 to 15 degrees it certainly proved out. Well, it almost always does. ;)
tennis lilli hat geschrieben:I got into the Schroth clinic for 4 weeks. So I am pretty glad about that.
You have been there or you will be going?
tennis lilli

Well I am going in the summer.
Lilli
tennis lilli

Katharina Schroth Klinik was so much fun!

Hi everybody,
Im sorry that I have not been writing for a very long time.
I have my brace now for 6 months and it has been going great.
This summer I went to the Katharina Schroth Klinik for 3 weeks and it was great. I made so many new friends and had so much fun.
We had 2 group training periods each day each being 1 1/2 hours and 2 periods where we could do all the exercises we learnt. These periods were each 2 hours. So we did exercises 7 hours a day. In my free time I went to play table tennis or play a board game. The food there was good.
There was a volleyball court, basketball court and soccer field.
At the end of my treatment I had to do a 3D measurement which I also did at the beginning of my therapy. At the beginning of my treatment my hip was standing out and at the end it wasn't. I had a remarkable improvement in my curve and I was so happ about it.
I would reccommend to everyone with scoliosis, kyphose etc. to go to this clinic. It was so great and I am planning on going again next summer.
So that was just a short summary of my stay at this clinic.
Greetings from the Caribbean
Lilli
BZebra
Profi
Profi

Beitrag von BZebra »

Hey,

good to hear that you enjoyed it. :) I was there every year as well when I was your age.

Well, if you are planning to go there more often, I would really try to get health insurance with your dad here in Germany. They cover the stays in Bad Sobernheim and the brace (you will need a new one every year).

It can't be much of a problem if it is a public insurance. You just shouldn't ask them too many questions and give them too much information about where you are intending to live and go to school over the year.
tennis lilli

Hi BZebra,
Well the therapy in the summer was paid by my fathers social security. And now I am insured in Germany- in a public one. And they will pay for my next brace and clinic stay.
Thanks for the respond.
Lilli
BZebra
Profi
Profi

Beitrag von BZebra »

Perfect! :gut:

How about your German. I guess you spoke a lot of it in the clinic. Did it improve or was it good enough anyways? Or did you teach English to the others? ;)
tennis lilli

Hi,
Well, yes my german did get better. There was also a girl from Letland in my group and I had to translate for her! There was also a girl from Croatia, who also spoke English.
Greetings
Olivia
Antworten