some resources in the USA

Here you can ask and talk (in English or German) about scoliosis treatment in Germany.
Antworten
Kyphkerry
Diagnose: kyphosos thoracic 60 degree, scoliosis lumbar curve left and thoracic curve right
Therapie: schroth, custom brace

some resources in the USA

Beitrag von Kyphkerry »

I am going to post resources and contacts in this thread that relate to Adult scoliosis and Kyphosis treatment in the USA. I hope you will also post helpful information and contacts that you come across here for other english speakers and for people in the USA.
Kyphkerry
Diagnose: kyphosos thoracic 60 degree, scoliosis lumbar curve left and thoracic curve right

Re: some resources in the USA

Beitrag von Kyphkerry »

One source for adult scoliosis braces in the USA is Hanger Orthopedic. They are a nation wide chain and have locations in many cities. If you call your local clinic and ask for a practitioner that has fitted an adult scoliosis brace they will likely refer you to a team member or other office that can help you.

Be aware that coverage by your health insurance is doubtful. They will handle the request paperwork, but will expect you and your doctor to handle any appeals.

They have a pricing tear for cash payers that is the most affordable of any other source - about $2500.

NOTE: It is best for you to know a good deal about what you want in a brace - I took in a picture from google image search and that got things rolling. It takes about a month from scanning appointment to brace fitting.
Kyphkerry

Beitrag von Kyphkerry »

Brace resource #2

Align clinic - Grant Wood - WCR Brace
https://www.align-clinic.com/usa-clinics.html

They list many locations in the US - 16 different ones. They seem to have a specific method, they incorporate Schroth Therapy and there brace seems to be an update of the Rogo Cheneau Brace and have info on Adult scoliosis and Kyphosis on their web site.
Kyphkerry

Beitrag von Kyphkerry »

Brace option 3 in USA

Luke Stikeleather <luke@nationalscoliosiscenter.com>
Kyphkerry

Beitrag von Kyphkerry »

Here is a schroth trainers who offer on line sessions in the USA

Karen Pettine, PT, DPT
Co-Owner, ABQ Scoliosis and Spine Therapy
kpettine@scoliosisabq.com
505-980-9920 (direct)
505-933-7865 (main office)
505-313-8278 (fax)
Kyphkerry

Beitrag von Kyphkerry »

Update on USA sourced brace from Hanger Orthopedic.

I have an initial fitting coming up on May 7 - I will update then and hopefully post some pics for information and comparisons.

Also I had an informative meeting and evaluation with a Schroth therapist on line who is on Canada but offers on line training and evaluations. She took many still photos during our session and was able to recognize the apex of the kyphosis, uneven shoulder level, the improper flatness in my lumbar area, and even mis alignment in my knees. I was suprised she could tell so much so quickly. She seems quite knowledgeable about how to integrate a kyphosis brace with cervical support.

Here is her contact: https://www.scoliosisandspineonlinelear ... ndrealebel
Kyphkerry

Beitrag von Kyphkerry »

Report about Brace from Hanger Orthotics.

Well, over the years I have had 6 spinal braces of different design - all from HAnger. All of them were wrong by a mile on delivery, but were all made right in the end, but some hd to be a complete do over. I say that because today was my latest fitting, and it is a complete do over.

What seems to be consistent is that the practitioners notes are largely ignored by the time it gets sent to one of their fabrication facilities. Today all the cut lines were wrong - too short. I always ask for it to be delivered cut long so it can be trimmed to fit. They could not source a simple hinge, so they docotored a strap buckle - not a bad idea, but not usable in this application. There was no metal reinforcements on the shoulder retainers, so they flexed and flapped in the wind. It was the thinnest , softest, most flexible plastic they use insead of the most rigid.

I saw the fabrication notes and all the correct info was there, but the lab had not paid any attention to a single detail. So I had to refuse it and ask for the notes to forwarded and the complete brace to be made over from scratch.

So now we wait again
Kyphkerry

Beitrag von Kyphkerry »

The new brace was fitted 2 weeks ago. I am very pleased now with the fit and positioning. I will post some pics when i get a minute, but so far a big success!

Wearing now 6 to 10hrs a day working up to full time for a 1 month period, according to the Lyon method therapy.
Antworten